Below we provide a high-level overview of the main features we hope to include in future versions of CIS. For a live, more detailed view of each version, and what we’re currently working on – including bug fixes, please see our JIRA report here.
- JASCIS-101: Error bars on scatter and line plots
- JASCIS-329: Handle basic unit conversions
- JASCIS-268: Re-architect the plotting routines to make them more consistent with the rest of the code and easier to test
- JASCIS-248: An extended, CF-compliant, data model for efficient handling of time-series, time-series profiles and trajectories.
- JASCIS-303: A new time series resampling command
- JASCIS-258: Full Python API
- JASCIS-158: Enable partial data reading of large files to improve performance.
- JASCIS-301: Include support for limited area models
- JASCIS-47: Include a vector plot type
- JASCIS-328: Allow output to KML for visualisation in Google Earth (Engine)
These run alongside development of core features within CIS and their priority is even more dependent on community feedback.
- JASCIS-293: NASA Ames
- JASCIS-350: WRF
- JASCIS-295: ARGO floats
- Ocean gliders